What changes have been made in response to Covid19?
We have introduced a short video date hosted by a Matchmaker that will be followed by the dating event or hand-picked dinner date. The date of the event at the restaurant will be confirmed when the lockdown is lifted and we will still plan for social distancing.
You can register for free by completing a Mai Tai Connect profile. During sign up you’ll let us know your deal breakers and give us a little bit of information about your personal preferences in terms of looks and we can take it from there. Click here to see how it works.
Why do I need to have a catch-up call?
Our human-touch dating service means that all profiles are vetted so we call you to find out more about your relationship goals, your personality and your aspirations for compatibility with other members.
Is there a risk that I could waste my time and money on the premium membership?
If this thought is running through your mind you shouldn't bother signing up. We have a high match rate and the majority of our members enjoy meeting new people even if there isn’t a spark.
What will the other members be like?
Most of our members are happy being single but open to a new relationship if they meet the right person.
What is Mai Tai’s success rate?
95% of our members are happy with the matches and 98% say that the quality of food and service received in the partner restaurants are above average.
How is the person that I go on the date with selected?
Mai Tai Connect members have a consultation with their Matchmaker. Your profile and the consultation provide t information about your background, your personality, your aspirations and your relationship goals to find your perfect match. After this discussion, our bespoke 6-dimensions model which combines science and psychology is used to suggest compatible matches.
Why would I use this platform instead of mainstream dating apps?
- Better quality matches.
- No need to waste time with inactive/bot profiles.
- Meeting your significant other can happen more organically.
- No need to have time to search for compatible singles.
- High-quality relationship advice and workshops from professionals.
How does the platform work?
Mai Tai Connect (premium membership)
- Complete your free registration & book your 15-minute catch-up call.
- Discuss your relationship goals during your face to face Skype consultation.
- Become a Mai Tai Connect member & meet your hand-picked *virtual dinner dates.
- Access dating advice, relationship workshops & get a professional photo shoot for your new profile picture.
Drink, Network & Flirt events (Basic membership)
- Complete your free registration & book your 15-minute catch-up call.
- Let us know what days of the week you are available for an event.
- Enjoy your *virtual dinner party of 4-6 members.
- Send us some feedback.
What is the difference between the catch-up call and the consultation?
A catch-up call takes 15 minutes over the phone and is used to assess your personality, relationship goals and deal breakers. The consultation is a casual and fun face to face conversation that takes an hour. We discuss your answers to the initial catch-up call in more detail and get information to create a premium profile for you and find your perfect match.
What memberships are available?
Mai Tai Connect is a premium membership package which offers a matchmaking and concierge service.
Register your profile for a basic membership after you purchase a Drink, Network & Flirt event ticket.
What does the Mai Tai Connect membership include?
This premium membership includes:
- A Real Matchmaker – Look forward to a personalised dating service including a face to face consultation to talk about your relationship goals.
- Dinner dates every month* – You'll receive unlimited compatible matches & we'll schedule up to 6 dinner dates into your busy diary.
- Relationship Q&A – Online access to a dedicated expert once a month for love coaching or dating advice.
You also get 3 bonuses for free (value £300+)
- Complimentary Relationship Course – Free access to a School of Life relationship course and a discount for the others (cost £55).
- Dating Profile Picture - Book 3 cool professional portrait photos with Hey Saturday (cost £127).
- Exclusive dating event - Access to an invite-only Drink, Network & Flirt event (cost £169.00 each).
Can I change my membership package?
Yes. Basic members can upgrade to a premium membership by booking a face to face consultation.
How do I upgrade to the premium membership?
Your Matchmaker will send you a payment link for the Mai Tai Connect membership.
Do I need my credit card details to join?
No. You can register your profile for free to become a subscriber and then upgrade for premium membership later.
We don’t offer free trials but you can book a Drink, Network & Flirt event to meet other single professionals from our dating club.
How much does the Mai Tai Connect membership cost?
The membership is £1,800 for 6-months (equivalent to £10/day). The package includes matchmaking and a personalised concierge service which will save you time by finding a compatible match for you.
Do I need to pay for anything on the dinner date?
No. Your two-course meal with drinks is already paid for – all you need to pay for are any extras you might enjoy.
Do I need to pay for anything at the Drink, Network & Flirt event?
Your drink & a set menu/tasting menu is already paid for – all you need to pay for are any extras you might enjoy.
What can I expect on the dinner dates?
You’ll meet someone who is friendly and interested in finding out more about you and you'll get to enjoy a great night out in a restaurant that is tailored to your preferences. The aim of this membership is to create more opportunities for love, laughter and friendships - so if we do any of these things right away let us know.
Where will my dinner date/dating event be?
We partner with a selection of fantastic restaurants & hotels all over London - you only need to tell us is what kind of cuisine you prefer to avoid.
Does having a 6-month membership increase my chances of being selected for a date?
Yes. Premium members have an active profile on our database and they receive a concierge dating service which allows us to learn more about you and pick an amazing match that you’ll be happy with. We learn more about your wants and needs by getting feedback after each dinner date. The premium membership gives you access to a VIP database and is designed for success in love. dating opportunities.
How long does the matchmaking take?
We will arrange a free catch up call as soon as your profile is verified but the matchmaking process itself takes precious time. The membership lasts for 6-months because we are very selective about who we want you to meet and we do some headhunting to find your match. We touch base with premium members every fortnight and as a minimum and you can expect to be going on dates roughly every month.
How do I book a Drink, Network & Flirt event?
Once your profile is approved you can let us know which days of the week, you’re free to attend. You’ll receive details of the event a few days in advance. These dating events are only available for members of our exclusive community. You can pay in advance using the DesignMyNight link here https://mai-tai-events.designmynight.com/
I purchased a Drink, Network & Flirt event. When will it take place?
We have set days during the week to choose from but spots do fill up quickly so you’ll be booked for the next available date that is free. We will e-mail you to confirm the date and time.
What is this Drink, Network & Flirt?
4-6 singles meet & eat together in a relaxed environment. No matchmaking is offered for this event but all profiles of attendees have been approved before they can attend.
What can I expect at the Drink, Network & Flirt events?
Expect to mix and mingle with a cool crowd of intelligent and attractive professionals. We can't guarantee love at first sight but we know that you’ll be able to widen your social circles with like-minded singles.
What can I do when I’m logged in to my dashboard?
You can access links to relationship courses and when you have a dinner date booked the details about your match & the restaurant will show up. Instant messenger is also available just before the date and for 24hrs afterwards. You’ll also be asked for feedback on the compatibility of each match and the quality of the restaurant selected after each date.
Can I view online profiles online after I sign up?
No. Profiles are private so your Matchmaker will send you profiles of potential matches after they have spoken to you.
Will my personal details be available to other members?
No, we respect your privacy completely. The only personal information we share from your profile is your first name.
Why can’t I view the deal breakers for the person I will meet?
Mai Tai is all about helping you make real-life connections, so we like to keep this information for when you meet. We share some information with you before the date and we let you know why we think you’re a great match, so that you can rest assured that you will get on.
What is the typical customer profile for Mai Tai Connect?
Members are often professionals with a degree or entrepreneurs who have reached senior roles in their careers and are looking to for a serious relationship.
What is the age-group of members?
Most of the women are 26+ to 55 and the men are in the same age-range but most of them are 30+.
Are members in the dating club attractive?
Our members are gorgeous both inside and out! This obviously depends on your personal taste but I can assure you we have plenty of good-looking singles signed up. The only reason why they haven't put a profile on every free dating app/site is that they prefer to keep their dating lives private.
Is my personal & confidential information safe?
Yes. We take privacy and data protection very seriously. We follow strict guidelines for privacy from the ICO and will never share your e-mail address or personal information. If you signup using Facebook the only information, we access is your name and your e-mail address.
How do you make sure the dating community is safe?
- ID verified profiles - we ask all of our members to upload a recent photo and use their full name when they sign up. We offer the option to verify all of our members ID's either by using a live photo or LinkedIn once they have signed up.
- Private profiles - personal profiles are not visible to other members on the platform and data that we store upholds standards set out by the ICO. Profiles are only sent to other members by their Matchmaker.
- Personal contact details - online chat is available just before the dinner date and for 24hrs after the date so that personal contact details don't have to be shared right away.
- Swearing or abuse - a bad language filter prevents any online abuse which is the biggest complaint on other dating sites.
How do I delete my profile?
1. Log in and click on 'Update info' on your dashboard.
2. From the drop-down list scroll to the bottom and then click on 'cancel my membership'.
3. Once you have cancelled your membership all of the information will be deleted right away.
What sort of feedback will I have to give about the date?
You don’t have to share anything personal or specific to your date. We’d simply like to know how you found the restaurant experience – and how you thought your date went. We will also ask if you be seeing each other again, or stay in touch, as friends.
Is this an elite dating site?
We approve profiles before anyone can join our dating club so we come under the category of elite dating. Members don't have to come from a certain background or earn a certain amount but all members are vetted before they join.
No. We are a Matchmaking platform that offers a concierge service to bring you dating experiences in real life. While you start the process online, we help you make all the interactions offline (*virtually during the pandemic) so you can get a real sense of potential chemistry.
When was Mai Tai Founded?
We have been matchmaking since 2008 and the beta version of the website went live in 2018.